Tokenization solution for Loyalty
According to the Bond Loyalty Report, where 280 loyalty programs across all industries are described, in 2017, only 50% of all members were active. Notably, one-fifth of these 50 percent had never redeemed their rewards. The first and foremost reasons for these inefficiencies is the lack of uniform management systems across loyalty and rewards programs, which confuses customers.
One of the popular business approaches to addressing the low points redeem rate is cooperating with other businesses to offer interchangeability of the reward points within the joint scope of services. In particular, they are required to maintain the accounting aspect of the loyalty points, where each party has to audit transactions and secure data from fraudulent attacks. With this regard, joint loyalty programs can quickly become a complex and expensive effort.
Therefore, challenges and pain points for retailers are the costs associated with establishing, operating, and securing loyalty points programs, low redeem rate of earned loyalty points, customers finding the signup process overly complex, and the vital need to secure the data associated with the programs from hacker attacks or altering account balances.
Our approach – tokenization as a way forward
Tokenization is the process of transformation of rights to an asset into a digital token on a blockchain. It provides a way to enable efficient ownership transfer and secondary market in the retail industry.
Tokenized loyalty programs go way beyond classic plastic cards approach and take businesses to the next level of customer interaction without intermediaries.
As a blockchain-based ecosystem with its own loyalty platform, TokenD gives brands a chance to build their own applications within their system. Customers, as usual, earn rewards for their purchases; these rewards, however, are then tokenized. This allows customers to redeem rewards with any business on the platform that accepts this token. This solution provides for a higher flexibility, compared with traditional loyalty programs while also giving brands greater access to all customers within the ecosystem.
TokenD – an innovative software solution
TokenD allows creating your own tailored solution for the tokenized loyalty points programs with the necessary set of features and a secondary market for customers to trade. Distributed Lab, utilizing the benefits of blockchain, provides the ability to create a fully integrated solution.
- Tokenization of loyalty points creates a brand-new market for secondary trading between customers;
- Tokenized loyalty points issued on the blockchain can be transferable and tradable, unlike their ancestors;
- The company can issue specific tokens for different types of customers;
- Using tokenized loyalty points makes it easier for the customer to receive a reward compared to regular centralized solutions.
Key benefits of TokenD platform
Values that TokenD platform brings to IT operations:
- Transparency. The TokenD-based tokenization platform brings full transparency to the trading process.
- Immutability of ledgers. A perfectly auditable record of transaction activity that cannot be forged or altered.
- Built-in decentralized exchange. Any token issued on the TokenD-based platform can be bought and sold immediately on an internal decentralized exchange using the native offer mechanism.
- Instant transfers. Ability to transfer loyalty tokens to anyone in real time.
- Low entry barrier. TokenD allows building a reliable ecosystem for a wide range of business with minimal efforts.
- Full control provided by a high-level security.
Values that TokenD platform is bringing to business:
- A secondary market for tokenized loyalty points;
- Fast time to market;
- Predictable total cost of ownership;
- Providing transparency for both issuance company and customers;
- Traceability of customers’ transactions and purchasing behavior.